Monday, August 17, 2009

Psa 130:3-4 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? (4) But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.

Two of my friends came up to me on separate occasions and asked me to pray for them. They opened up saying that they have just been diagnosed HIV+. They not not each other, but the despair on their voices had me not knowing what to say. What should i tell them now? God is love and that all is going to be well? God is righteous and hence you now reap what you sow?

I prayed for wisdom and faith and I listen to them tell me what life is going to be like for them till they die. Yes, death strikes when we least expect it, but how do we live knowing that we are going to die for one who is young, successful, good looking and with everything seem to be going their way?

When we are sick, we do all we can to get well again. We abstain with fear things that would worsen our condition. Looking back at how I felt that God's forgiveness is something that gives me the comfort to do what I like knowing that everything is going to be well at the end is but a fool I am. One the contrary, if there is no forgiveness, I can do what I like without fear cause I am going to be condemned in the end anyway. God's word tore down all my foolish thoughts into pieces. For it is when there is forgiveness, He should be feared.

When stricken with terminal illness, they can enjoy as much as they want cause death is nigh. When there is a chance of recovery, they would fear anything that would make them worse. But, praise be to God that even when illness that we so deserve takes away our life, He is there right beside us to take us through. I pray they could feel His presence stronger each passing day, till they could see Him face to face.






1 comment:

  1. HIV+ is not terminal anymore if it's treated early. It's a treatable illness. The best answer for calamity and tragedy is just be there with the victims. Just be present for them, that's all.

    Eddy

    ReplyDelete