Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tears in Colombo

Colombo is beautiful but the trip is not. I have once again lost my virtue. I tried to love, but I am such a worm. Tears came rolling as I walked the streets alone the morning after. As I looked up the clear blue sky, I talked to the One that love me most. I spoke about my disappointment with why I always appear selfish and uncaring when my intentions have always been for the best of others my fallen mind can conceive. I tried, Lord you know, to give the best to them. They felt that I was just being mean. I don;t know how to make this sound as neutral as possible. I will have to say that this is my side of the story.

A friend came along and but had to stay in the room all day finishing up some work. So, left with me and another friend to go for early dinner. We went to an unexpected restaurant, it was nice and as it was buffet, we had to pack food back for him. As we were on the way to pack dinner, the tut tut drive drove pass the road leading to the hotel, so immediately I said, hey, do you think he would like to go walk around and see what's to his fancy instead of just buying Mcdonald's since he didn't go out since arriving. M friend said that he must be tired but I was like, I have known him for years, I don't think he is physically tired after sitting in the room doing transcribing. It's nothing too taxing or difficult. Immediately, his voice was raised and what I felt was uncalled for comments about me afraid of heights and not jumping into water when I took up diving lessons from him came hurling.

I was deeply taken aback. I am a very sensitive guy and those actions hurt me tremendously. What did I do wrong now? To that I asked. The friend just walked off, leaving me behind. Just because you think he is young and cute, he deserves all your attention while every idea from me is deemed as a bad one with ill intention? I have known you for a decade, wasn't I there for you through thick and thin without expecting? And now that I introduce this other friend to you that is to your fancy whom you have just got to know for a month, you should treat me this way. Anger overwhelmed me. Lord forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment